International Committee of the Red Cross
- health and relief;
- restoring and maintaining family links;
- visits to people deprived of their freedom;
- the protection of the civilian population;
- the promotion of international humanitarian law and preventive action;
- humanitarian diplomacy;
- legal work;
- the provision of an advisory service on International Humanitarian Law.
While carrying out its activities the ICRC pays close attention to environmental factors and their impacts on people affected by armed conflict. The ICRC is concerned by the possible negative impacts of armed conflict on the environment and works to raise awareness of the relevant provisions of international humanitarian law.