UN Environment Europe Office
ROE supports UNEP programmes in Europe and ensures that UNEP's goals of global sustainable development and environmental protection are advanced in the region.
ROE participates in several ministerial and high-level processes:
- the UNECE “Environment for Europe” process – four- or five-year reviews of Europe’s environment;
- the WHO-led “Environment and Health” process – five-year reviews of environment and health in Europe;
- the protection of Forests in Europe (under the Ministerial Conference on the Protection of Forests in Europe) – three-year reviews of forests in Europe; and
- the joint UNECE-WHO Transport, Health and Environment Pan-European Programme, which, among other things, seeks to integrate environmental and health aspects into transport policies and decisions.
In addition, ROE works on:
- policy integration, liaison and representation with governments and regional groupings, including the European Union and regional intergovernmental meetings;
- outreach, communications and public information;
- advisory services and other forms of assistance to countries of Central and Eastern Europe, the Caucasus and Central Asia;
- strengthening UNEP’s visibility and constituency in Europe, including through fundraising as well as the development and implementation of the Caspian Sea, Arctic and Black Sea Environment Programmes; and
- the provision of logistical support and services to UNEP activities in Geneva.
with UNEP national committees, NGOs, UN agencies, news media, industry and labour, scientists, community groups and prominent individuals.
See the website